Image

Image

11.7.12

Style Journal: Eleanor Calder

I personally don't waste time wondering what celebrities are wearing, what they're doing, what sort of debacle they're in now, and what other sorts of piccadilly they've entered in simply because that would be a waste of time. I'm not friends with celebrities, so I'm one to spend hours on the internet scouting Kim K's latest move (or miss). However, I do find myself enamoured by the styles that emerge. For example, as many readers know, I am partial to European style. Nothing against American style, and its colorful variations; it just happens to be my personal style. I've always enjoyed the simple, delicate, and sophisticated silhouettes that emerge from the London, Paris, and Milan runways.

With the popularity of One Direction reaching across the globe, many fans are paying close attention to the people closest to their hearts: girlfriends. Louis Tomlinson's girlfriend, Eleanor, has a unique and enviable wardrobe. With most pieces hailing from Topshop and Zara, it's no wonder many girls are paying extra charge to emulate her style. Myself included. I find her style very similar to my own. She wears a lot of the same pieces (albeit a slight moderation to the ones she did wear) and has gained a reputation, style-wise. She has clean, simple, and modern look that is a breath of fresh air. Pastels, blouses, and flowy skirts and tops are slowing become ubiquitous for her. She is very classy without looking stuffy, modern without looking too avant-garde, and classic without looking outdated. I may attentively take notes because her wardrobe is of high caliber.


Eleanor was recently spotted wearing this ensemble with her beau while vacationing in Nice. She is known for not having complicated ensembles, but the first time I saw this, I actually thought to myself, I need everything she's wearing. The simplicity of a white low-high hemline maxi, a black top, a leather belt, and flat sandals would do. She not only epitomized Southern France chic, but made it look enviably cool.





As you can see, she rotates around the same palettes, look, and style. She knows what she likes and what looks good and her and sticks to that. (Kudos to that, Eleanor.) Skinny jeans, peterpan collar blouses, messenger totes, flats, structured bags, aviator sunglasses, and black jackets have quickly become synonymous with her name. For being Louis's girlfriend, she's quickly making sure that she's not just come ditzy, fangirling girlfriend. She's a student with some serious style.


2 comments:

  1. Hi , do you know from where is her white skirt ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it's from Topshop, but it's sold out.

    ReplyDelete